Dear Actionmarguerite St. Vital Residents and Families,
Last week, we wrote to you about COVID-19 outbreaks affecting the 1st and 2nd floor as well as Unité Marguerite. Today, we learned about a suspected respiratory outbreak affecting the 3rd floor. As a reminder, please review the information shared last week to support us through the ongoing outbreaks.
To prevent further spread, we are applying the following infection prevention and control measures to the entire facility, which means that it applies to all units:
- General visitors are asked to defer their visits.
- Essential visitors are invited to come at their own risk. If the resident you are visiting is on the affected units, we will provide you with a mask and eye protection. Should you be visiting a resident who has symptoms, we will provide you with a gown and gloves.
- Masks and eye protection will be available at the front entrance. Please put these on before visiting the affected units.
- When you arrive on the unit, please report to the nursing station, additional supplies will be available on the unit as well.
- We are actively monitoring all residents for any signs of illness.
- Cleaning of high-touch surfaces, common areas, and residents’ rooms has been increased.
- One-to-one activities are still organized on all units.
- Mass will continue to be televised.
- All residents will be able to attend essential medical appointments. Symptomatic residents will be required to wear a mask and perform hand hygiene when leaving their room if in isolation.
- Asymptomatic residents may continue to:
- Use the dining room on the unit.
- Leave for outside events such as medical and other appointments and family outings. When exiting the facility, residents will be asked to wear a mask and perform hand hygiene.
- Visit with essential visitors outside, in consultation with the unit nurse.
We would like to take this opportunity to share these reminders regarding the importance of adhering to infection prevention and control measures.
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of illness and stay home if you are ill.
- Wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly and often.
- Protect yourself by using the personal protective equipment for the duration of your visit.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your continued support,
The Actionmarguerite Team