Dear Actionmarguerite Residents and Families,
Earlier this week, we wrote to inform you of a respiratory outbreak declared on unit 5AB at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface. We have updated some of our measures. Read below to learn more.
The following measures are in place for Unit 5AB ONLY:
- General visitors are asked to defer their visits.
- Essential visitors are welcome to visit at their own risk and will be provided with a medical mask and eye protection available at the information desk and when entering the unit.
- When you arrive on the unit, please report to the nursing station.
- Enhanced symptom monitoring is ongoing for all residents.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces, common areas and residents’ rooms has been enhanced.
- Off unit activities including visitation, hairdressing appointments and mass will need to be deferred for residents of 5AB.
- One-to-one activities and one-to-one spiritual care will be offered to residents who are symptomatic.
- Asymptomatic residents may continue to:
- Participate in group activities and spiritual care services on the unit;
- Use the dining room on the unit;
- Leave for outside events, e.g. medical and other appointments, family outings, so long as they do not have symptoms. When exiting the facility, residents are encouraged to wear a mask and perform hand hygiene.
- For special exceptions/requests, please consult with the responsible nurse or manager.
- Visitation is limited to the unit for all 5AB residents and their essential caregivers at this time.
We would like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of adhering to infection prevention and control measures. Please:
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of illness and stay home if you are ill;
- Properly use personal protective equipment whenever you are at our facility; and
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your collaboration.
The Actionmarguerite Team