Dear Actionmarguerite St. Boniface residents and families,

We wanted to let you know that at approximately at 1 pm today, Actionmarguerite St. Boniface experienced a fire located outside the building at the end of the C wing in the dryer ventilation “well”. We have eye-witness accounts and video footage showing that this fire was lit intentionally. We were able to act quickly to respond to the fire. The damage is minimal. Some smoke entered the building into the basement only through the dryer ventilation. The smoke has now been cleared. We will ensure the complete integrity of the dryer and ventilation prior to using it. Further investigations are being conducted by the Winnipeg Fire & Paramedic Department and the Winnipeg Police Service.

We are grateful that residents and staff are all safe. A sincere thanks to all who responded to the alarm. We do ask that everyone be vigilant and aware of their surroundings. If you see something suspicious or odd, please notify a member of the management team immediately or if necessary, call 911.

This being our Mission Week, I am proud to say that our values of collaboration, hospitality, excellence, and respect were on full display this afternoon in our response to this event.

As always, if you have any questions, please write to

With regards,

Micheline St-Hilaire

Chief Executive Officer