While the para-influenza outbreak at Actionmarguerite Saint-Vital is not yet over, we are able to lift some visit restrictions on the 1st floor and Unité Marguerite (UM).
Effective Thursday, December 9th, General Visitors of residents located on the 1st floor and UM of Actionmarguerite Saint-Vital will be able to resume in-room and visitation shelter visits.
- In-room and visitation shelter visits by General Visitors on the 2nd and 3rd floors continue to be suspended until further notice. In the interim, these General Visitors are welcome to contact our recreation team at (204) 254-9357 or email@example.com to arrange a virtual visit with their loved ones.
- Unvaccinated visitors continue to be limited to visiting in visitation shelters.
- Exceptions to visit restrictions for General Visitors will be made in end-of-life situations.
The following measures remain in place for all units:
- Increased monitoring of all residents for symptoms,
- Precautions to enforce distancing (i.e., changes to dining and cancellation of group programming),
- Movement of residents is still limited to their unit as much as possible,
- Enhanced cleaning of high touch surfaces, common areas, and resident rooms,
- Virtual Religious services and entertainment continue,
- Short stay absences and social leaves remain suspended with exceptions for medical appointments,
- Hairdressing services can resume only on the units.
As always, we stress the importance of respecting the infection Control measures in place for all who enter Actionmarguerite:
- Please screen yourself for symptoms prior to each visit, and do not visit if you have any symptoms,
- Properly wear your mask and goggles at all times while visiting,
- Perform hand hygiene thoroughly and often.
We also encourage everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19 and the flu. Vaccination remains one of the best ways to fight illness, and vaccinations are readily available throughout our community.
Thank you for your support and patience as we strive to resolve this outbreak. We will issue another email once visiting restrictions can be lifted further. This will depend on how the outbreak progresses and when it can be declared over.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Micheline St-Hilaire, Chief Executive Officer