Dear Actionmarguerite St. Boniface Residents and Families,
Today we are writing to advise you that we have a suspected respiratory outbreak on Unit 4AB.
The following outbreak measures are in place for Unit 4AB:
- General visitors are asked to defer their visits.
- Essential visitors are invited to come at their own risk. If the resident you are visiting is on the affected unit, we will provide you with the recommended protective equipment.
- Masks and eye protection will be available at the front entrance. Please put these on before your visit to Unit 4AB.
- When you arrive on the unit, please report to the nursing station, additional supplies will be made available to you.
We have implemented the following:
- Active monitoring all residents for any signs of illness.
- Increased cleaning of high-touch surfaces, common areas, and residents’ rooms.
- Deferred off unit activities for residents living on 4AB, except for medically necessary appointments. Should a resident who is ill need to leave the unit, we will ask them to wear a mask and perform hand hygiene.
- Recreation and spiritual care services will be brought to residents on the unit. One-on-one activities will be offered to residents who are symptomatic as feasible.
We would like to take this opportunity to share these reminders regarding the importance of adhering to infection prevention and control measures. Please:
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of illness and stay home if you are ill;
- Wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly and often,
- Protect yourself by using the personal protective equipment for your visit to 4AB as recommended by the staff.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your collaboration.
The Actionmarguerite Team