Dear residents and families,
Actionmarguerite St. Joseph is experiencing a suspected gastrointestinal outbreak on unit 2.
The following measure are in place for unit 2 ONLY:
- General visitors are asked to defer their visits to unit 2 at this time.
- Essential visitors are welcome to visit at their own risk. If the resident you are visiting has symptoms, please see the unit nurse for the required PPE and other measures.
- We are actively monitoring all residents for any signs of illness.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces, common areas and residents’ rooms has been enhanced.
- Asymptomatic residents may continue to participate in activities on the unit and may leave for outside events such as medical and other essential appointments, as well as family outings. When exiting the facility, residents are encouraged to wear a mask and perform hand hygiene.
- All residents will be able to attend essential medical appointments. Residents on isolation will be required to wear PPE.
- Off unit activities including visitation, recreation, hairdressing appointments and mass will need to be deferred for all residents of outbreak units.
- Communal dining will continue on the unit for residents who are asymptomatic.
- One-to-one activities such as spiritual care and recreation will be offered to residents who are on isolation to the extent feasible.
We would like to take this opportunity to share these reminders regarding the importance of adhering to infection prevention and control measures. Please:
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of illness and stay home if you are ill;
- Wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly and often,
- Protect yourself by using the personal protective equipment for your visit on outbreak units as recommended by the staff.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
The Actionmarguerite Team