We have received test results indicating that a number of residents on units 2DE and 4DE have contracted Rhinovirus (common cold virus).
Please be advised of the following restrictions in place for units 2DE and 4DE ONLY:
- All visits (essential and general) are suspended until further notice. Visit restrictions will be lifted as soon as 7 days pass without any new cases presenting. We will issue another email once this is the case. There will be no restrictions to visits for other units unless a case is discovered. We will endeavour to issue communication as soon as possible if this occurs. Please contact recreation at (204) 235-4605 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to arrange a virtual visit with your loved one.
- Precautions are in place to enforce distancing (i.e. changes to dining and cancellation of resident group programming).
The common cold virus is currently circulating in the Winnipeg area. We would like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of adhering to infection control measures. Please:
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of illness and stay home if you are ill,
- Properly use personal protective equipment (mask and eyewear) whenever you are at our facility,
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Micheline St-Hilaire, Chief Executive Officer