As you may know, the Province of Manitoba announced new Public Health Orders which will come into effect August 7.
It is important to note the following:
- the current requirement for personal protective equipment to be worn while in Manitoba’s health care facilities remains.
We know that mask wearing and eye protection are one of the most effective means of preventing COVID-19 transmission and will be required in Personal Care Homes and Supportive Housing for the foreseeable future.
Actionmarguerite will continue to provide families and visitors with medical masks and eye protection as long as they are required.
We thank you for your continued understanding and collaboration in our efforts to protect the people who need it most.
For more information click here for Shared Health’s FAQ
Visits with Essential visitors continue from 1100 to 1900 daily. Essential visitors can now visit two at a time. Essential visitors will continue to sign in and out when visiting.
General Visitors in the Building:
General visitors will be allowed to visit from 1100 to 1900 daily. Only residents who are fully vaccinated can receive general visitors in their rooms. General visitors who have received both vaccinations and are 14 days post 2nd dose will be allowed to have in room social visits.
Proof of General Visitor vaccination will be required and confirmed with photo identification with each visit.
Documentation may include:
- Confirmation via QR code (Manitoba immunization card);
- Paper version of Manitoba immunization card;
- Online confirmation of vaccine record through the Shared Health Online Results Portal https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/test-results/
- Printout of vaccine record available through the Shared Health Online Results Portal https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/test-results/
Children between the ages of 12-17 must provide proof of vaccination but will not be required to produce photo identification. Children under 12 are able to visit with a fully vaccinated adult.
Please note that only 2 people (essential or general) will be allowed in resident’s room at one time. Visitors must stay in the room and should not congregate in common areas. We ask that resident’s doors remain open to enable air circulation. Please coordinate your visits so only 2 people are present at a time.
Out of province visitors will be able to visit without the 14-day quarantine, if able to provide proof of full immunization.
Outdoor and shelter visits continue to be a visitation option and are also an option for residents or visitors who are not fully immunized. They are available from
11 am – 7 pm, seven days a week. Four (4) visitors will now be permitted per outdoor visit. Two (2) visitors at a time will be allowed in the visitation shelters. Please note that wearing of masks and eye protection remains.
Outdoor and shelter visits must be booked.
To schedule a visit of any kind, please contact us by phone or email:
- Actionmarguerite St. Boniface,
185 Despins: (204) 235-4605 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Actionmarguerite St. Vital, 450 River:
(204) 254-9357 or email@example.com
- Actionmarguerite St. Joseph, 1149 Leila: (204) 914-1952 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that ALL visitors must continue to adhere to all public health measures, which are:
- Screening on entry;
- Signing in and out;
- Wearing medical masks and eye protection provided by Actionmarguerite;
- Hand hygiene;
- Social distancing;
- Visiting in your loved one’s room only; and
- No eating or drinking in resident rooms.
Short stay absences away from the facility are still strongly discouraged.
In the event of an outbreak, Actionmarguerite will reserve the right to suspend visitation as needed.
Please do not hesitate to share your questions and concerns via email at email@example.com.
The Actionmarguerite Team