As levels of COVID-19 in Manitoba remain high, efforts to provide residents with safe access to visits by friends and family continue. Vaccination rates among residents and staff and in the community are increasing. We are pleased to be able to offer expanded visitation.
Effective June 21, 2021
Visits with Essential visitors continue from 11 am to 7 pm daily. Essential visitors can now visit two at a time. Essential visitors will continue to sign in and out when visiting.
General Visitors in the Building:
General Visitors will be allowed to visit from 11 am to 7 pm daily. Only residents who are fully vaccinated can receive general visitors in their rooms. General Visitors who have received both vaccinations and are 14 days post 2nd dose will be allowed to have in-room social visits. Proof of General Visitor vaccination confirmed with photo identification will be required at each visit.
Documentation may include:
- Confirmation via QR code (Manitoba immunization card),
- Paper version of Manitoba immunization card,
- Online confirmation of vaccine record through the Shared Health Online Results Portal https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/test-results/
- Printout of vaccine record available through the Shared Health Online Results Portal https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/test-results/
Children between the ages of 12-18 must provide proof of vaccination but will not be required to produce photo identification. Children under 12 can visit are able to visit with a fully vaccinated adult.
Please note that only 2 people (Essential or General) will be allowed in a resident`s room at one time. Visitors must stay in the room and should not congregate in common areas. We ask that the resident`s door remain open to enable air circulation. Please coordinate your visits so only 2 people are present at a time.
Out of province visitors will be able to visit without the 14-day quarantine, if able to provide proof of full immunization.
Outdoor and shelter visits continue to be a visitation option and are also an option for residents or visitors who are not fully immunized. They are available from 11 am – 7 pm, seven days a week. 4 visitors will now be permitted per outdoor visit. 2 visitors at a time will be allowed in the visitation shelters.
Outdoor and shelter visits must be booked.
To schedule a visit of any kind, please contact us by phone or email:
- Actionmarguerite St. Boniface, 185 Despins: (204) 235-4605 or email@example.com
- Actionmarguerite St. Vital, 450 River: (204) 254-9357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Actionmarguerite St. Joseph, 1149 Leila: (204) 914-1952 or email@example.com
Note that ALL visitors must continue to adhere to all public health measures, which are:
- Screening on entry,
- Signing in and out
- Wearing medical masks and eye protection provided by Actionmarguerite,
- Hand hygiene,
- Social distancing,
- Visiting in your loved one’s room only, and
- No eating or drinking.
Personal Care Homes in Winnipeg are still under critical red in the Manitoba Pandemic Response. Short stay absences away from the facility are still strongly discouraged. In the event of an outbreak, Actionmarguerite will reserve the right to suspend visitation as needed.
Please do not hesitate to share your questions and concerns via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Actionmarguerite Team