The summer days continue to be most welcomed. We trust you have found space to enjoy this time of year. At Actionmarguerite, we have found some reprieve from COVID-19 outbreaks throughout the summer months. We thank all who have committed to the practices that keep us safe. Unfortunately, we are currently seeing an uptick in COVID-19 outbreaks in both long-term care and hospitals, and we have not been spared.
On August 12th we wrote to Actionmarguerite St. Boniface residents and families to advise them of an outbreak on 4AB. Today, an outbreak has been declared at Actionmarguerite St. Joseph on Unit 2. Outbreak protocols are in place, and we are working with the Infection Prevention & Control team with the WRHA to contain the spread.
Actionmarguerite St. Boniface
- Three (3) residents have tested positive for COVID-19 on 4AB.
- General visits are suspended for residents living on 4AB until further notice.
- Essential visitors may continue to visits on 4AB at their own risk. Appropriate PPE must be worn for the entirety of your visit.
Actionmarguerite St. Joseph
- Two (2) residents have tested positive for COVID-19 on Unit 2.
- General visits are suspended for residents living on Unit 2 until further notice.
- Essential visitors may continue to visits on Unit 2 at their own risk. Appropriate PPE must be worn for the entirety of your visit.
Actionmarguerite St. Vital
- No outbreak
We still need everyone’s vigilance in adhering to the measures so that we can continue to protect one another especially those who are most vulnerable to the effects of the virus. As a reminder:
- The use of a mask is required before entering the building. You will be provided with a new medical grade mask by one of our greeters to proceed with your visit.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the building. We have observed visitors removing their masks in the rooms to eat or drink. If you must eat or drink, remove your mask briefly and keep a physical distance of 6 feet/2 meters from the resident.
- Eye protection is not required unless visiting a resident who is isolated.
Recognizing the importance of family presence, up to 4 Designated Family Caregivers (essential visitors) may be identified (up from 2). Only 2 visitors may visit in a resident’s room at a time. In case of an outbreak on your loved one’s unit, only essential visitors will be allowed to visit. Please contact the following individuals to confirm additional essential visitors:
Actionmarguerite (St. Boniface)
- Sophie Chartier: email@example.com; 204-233-3692 x 644
- Nicole Nadeau-Fréchette: firstname.lastname@example.org; 204-233-3692 x 542
- Stéphanie Rouet: email@example.com; 204-233-3692 x 544
Actionmarguerite (St. Vital)
- Kelly Rowles: firstname.lastname@example.org; 204-254-3332 x 538
- Philibert Ruberandinda: email@example.com; 204-254-3332 x 537
Actionmarguerite (St. Joseph)
- Nasrin Sepehri: firstname.lastname@example.org; 204-697-8031 x 230
Micheline, Chief Executive Officer & the entire Actionmarguerite Team