Dear Actionmarguerite St. Boniface Residents and Families,
Over the last few days, we wrote to you about outbreaks on units 2AB, 3ABC and 5AB. Today, we are writing to inform you of an additional respiratory illness outbreak declared on unit 2C.
The following measures are in place for 2AB, 2C, 3ABC and 5AB:
- Visits from general visitors have been suspended for residents living on 2AB, 2C, 3ABC and 5AB at this time.
- Essential visitors are welcome to attend at their own risk and must wear the appropriate PPE.
- Increased monitoring of all residents for symptoms is taking place.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces, common areas and residents’ rooms has been enhanced.
- Movement of residents is limited to their unit, as much as possible.
- Group activities and communal dining will continue on the unit for residents who are asymptomatic.
- One-to-one activities and one-to-one spiritual care will be offered to residents who are symptomatic.
- Short stay absences and social leaves are suspended with exceptions for medical appointments.
- Hairdressing services are cancelled until further notice.
The virus that causes influenza is circulating in our community. We would like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of adhering to infection prevention and control measures. Please:
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of illness and stay home if you are ill;
- Properly use personal protective equipment whenever you are at our facility; and
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your collaboration as we respond to these outbreaks.
Micheline St-Hilaire, Chief Executive Officer and the Actionmarguerite Team