Désolé, la version française de cette page n’est pas disponible.
The Recreation Worker is responsible to plan and implement activity programs designed to optimize the social, mental, emotional and physical functions of residents, utilizing the facility and community resources. The Recreation Worker shall assess residents and actively contribute at team conferences and promote the quality of life of residents and also perform other related functions. The Recreation Worker demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service: Care and Service
Starting Date: July 31, 2022
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.80 FTE – part-time – days and evenings, currently 08:00-16:00 / 11:00-19:00
Pay Scale: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: July 12, 2022
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Recreation or completion of the Recreation Facilitator for Older Adults Certificate or equivalent;
- Valid Food Handling Certificate;
- Related experience in long term care and/or with disabled individuals; and
- Experience with the use of personal computers in a Windows environment.
Abilities and Skills:
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the jobs;
- Ability to plan, organize and to work independently or as a team member;
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S program.