We became aware today, November 7th, of a health-care worker at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface, 185 Despins St., who tested positive for COVID-19. Their last day worked was November 4th, 2020. The person had worked on 3DE. An outbreak on 3DE was declared on October 23rd 2020 and will remain on outbreak protocols until further notice.
We currently completing all contact tracing procedures and risk assessments. If resident symptoms present, we will test residents for COVID-19. If your family member is at risk or is tested at any time, you will be contacted directly. We continue to actively screen and monitor employees to see if testing is required.
The previously announced measures will continue to be implemented:
- Residents are being restricted to their own units throughout the building. Employee movement between units continues to be minimized as much as possible.
- Essential visits continue to be suspended to monitor symptoms of staff and residents.
- We currently have outbreaks (all staff related) on units 3DE and 2ABC.
- We will communicate when essential visits are to reopen based on our risk assessment.
- Virtual or window visits may continue. We anticipate opening our temporary safe visitation shelters. This will be communicated once a date is confirmed.
- Active staff screening continues at the start of each shift to determine if testing is required.
- Enhanced cleaning including high touch surfaces like common area handrails, door handles, light switches, table tops, employee lounges and washrooms also continue.
Please be assured that we have moved quickly to enact precautions that will prevent any further spread of illness. The health of our residents and employees is our top priority.
If you have questions specific to your loved one’s health condition, please contact the nursing staff on the unit. If you have any other questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you recently visited the facility and have questions or concerns about your own health, please contact Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257.
Charles Gagné, Chief Executive Officer