We became aware early this afternoon, October 23th, of a health-care worker at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface, 185 Despins St., who tested positive for COVID-19. Their last day worked was Sunday, October 18th, 2020. The person had worked on 3DE. Out of precaution, an outbreak on 3DE has been declared (RED ZONE) and complete outbreak protocols are in place until further notice.
At this time, no residents or other employees are exhibiting symptoms. If symptoms present, we will test residents for COVID-19. If your family member is tested at any time, you will be contacted directly. We continue to actively screen employees to see if testing is required.
To reduce the risk and to stop the spread of the virus, the following measures have been implemented:
- Residents are being restricted to their own units throughout the building. Employee movement between units continues to be minimized as much as possible.
- Essential visits have been suspended to monitor symptoms of staff and residents. We anticipate reopening for caregiver visits on November 2 (excluding 3DE) and reopening the 3DE unit to essential visitors on November 17, 2020. Please be advised that we will keep you informed and circumstances may change from day to day.
- Indoor and outdoor visits have been suspended. Virtual or window visits may continue. We anticipate opening our temporary safe visitation shelters in November. This will be communicated once a date confirmed.
- We have suspended admissions to the facility until further notice.
- Active staff screening will continue at the start of each shift to determine if testing is required.
- We continue with enhanced cleaning including high touch surfaces like common area handrails, door handles, light switches, table tops, employee conference rooms and washrooms.
We appreciate this is again unsettling news for our residents and their loved ones. Please be assured that we have moved quickly to enact precautions that will prevent any further spread of illness. The health of our residents and employees is our top priority.
If you have questions specific to your loved one’s health condition, please contact the nursing staff on the unit. If you have any other questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you recently visited the facility and have questions or concerns about your own health, please contact Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257.
Charles Gagné, Chief Executive Officer