Désolé, la version française de cette page n’est pas disponible.
The Cook is responsible for the supervision of staff and food preparation. The incumbent directs the personnel performing food preparation and food production functions, estimates quantities of food needed to meet menu requirements and ensures quality control as per established standards and performs other related functions.
Service: Food Services
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: Casual position, various shifts
Pay Scale: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: March 31, 2020
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Graduate of recognized institutional / vocation / trade school (commercial cooking course or equivalent);
- Valid Food Handling Certificate;
- Minimum three years experience in quantity food preparation preferably in a health care setting;
- Experience in supervision of staff; and
- Experience with the use of personal computers.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in English is required;
- Ability to work in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment;
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers;
- Ability to organize, establish and delegate priorities regarding workload;
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job (e.g. strength o lift heavy loads / items);
- Possess good interpersonal skills to work with residents and staff;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Food sanitation and safety;
- Special diets;
- Appropriate portion control and food temperatures;
- Mathematics and metric system for recipe calculations and portioning;
- Actionmarguerite’s Vision, Mission and Values, Resident Bill of Rights, Actionmarguerite’s policies and procedures;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.