Effective September 8, 2020, the scheduled outdoor visitation program will change to take into account the colder fall weather. Since June, we offered families and friends the opportunity to schedule outdoor visits with residents of our personal care homes.
Outdoor Visits will now move to indoor visits in the designated area. All visits will be LIMITED to TWO (2) visitors per visit. The location of these visits for each personal care home are as follows:
- Actionmarguerite St. Boniface (185 Despins): visits will be located in the Day Centre, with access via the courtyard. There are two visit stations to ensure physical distancing and privacy.
- Actionmarguerite St. Vital (450 River): visits will be located in the Classroom, with direct access next to the main entrance. There are two visit stations to ensure physical distancing and privacy.
- Actionmarguerite St. Joseph (1149 Leila): visits will be located in the Multipurpose Room, with direct access next to the main entrance. There is only one visit station to ensure physical distancing and privacy.
- Wearing a non-medical mask is required at all times,
- The rules related to the mitigating the risk during the pandemic remain. This includes screening visitors, proper hand hygiene, proper wearing of masks and physical distancing,
- Virtual visits and window visits remain an option.
Actionmarguerite reserves to right to cancel these visits for operational reasons (ex: staff resources). On exceptional basis, we may accommodate outdoor visits, only if weather conditions and staff support allows us to move an inside visit to the outside. This will only be determined that day of the visit. We will however only schedule inside visits as Fall weather conditions can vary from day to day.
Actionmarguerite is participating in the Winter Shelter initiative announced by the Government of Manitoba. This will allow for scheduled visits to continue during the winter months or in the event of an outbreak (https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/index.html?item=48497&posted=2020-06-22). More information will follow in due course.
Charles Gagné, CEO