The Staffing Clerk is responsible for supporting the organization within the area of scheduling services including processes and systems related to: day to day operational staffing requirements and replacements, vacation scheduling support, staff availability, the scheduling module of the Human Resource Information System and associated reporting and special human resource (“HR”) projects that may require scheduling support.
Service and Assignment: Finance and Human Resources
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.80 FTE – part-time – term – days, currently 07:15 – 15:30 and 08:15 – 16:30.
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Term ending May 7, 2022 with possible extension. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: November 2, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of secondary school education;
- Formal educational program related to administration skills required and / or equivalent work experience;
- Experience working with the public; customer service;
- Experience in personal computers and word processing software;
- Experience in data entry, drafting routine correspondence, creating reports using Excel, and receiving and directing callers;
- General office practices and filing procedures; and
- Minimum six months scheduling experience in a health care environment.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively;
- Ability to handle pressure situations and meet varied and unexpected demands;
- Ability to interpret and advise regarding Collective Agreement provisions;
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication;
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality of personal information related to employees;
- Initiative, tactful and courteous;
- Self-directed, innovative;
- Cooperative, flexible, responsive to change and reliable;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Applicable Collective Agreements and Employment Standards;
- Actionmarguerite’s Vision, Mission and Values and Resident Bill of Rights;
- Actionmarguerite’s policies and procedures;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.