The Social Worker is responsible to work within a resident care team which encompasses other disciplines, and recommends appropriate intervention, functions as an advocate for the resident from the time of application, onwards, provides counseling services to residents and families, provides consultation/education to families, staff and residents, identifies areas of concern or unmet needs within the facility, and other related functions. The Social Worker demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services
Starting Date: April 25, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – full-time – indefinite term – days, currently 08:00 – 16:15
Pay Scale: As per MAHCP Collective Agreement
Specifications: Indefinite term ending upon 24 hours’ notice. This position provides services to our multiple sites; 185 Despins, 450 River Road and 1149 Leila. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: April 20, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of a recognize School of Social Work with a Bachelor of Social Work degree;
- Member in good standing with the Manitoba Institute of Registered Social Workers, when legislated; and
- One year’s experience working with the elderly, physically disabled and the chronically ill.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Good organizational skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Commitment to the team approach to resident care;
- Ability to use all Microsoft office software;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.