The Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for providing assigned therapeutic treatments to residents, repairing and adapting equipment, as well as other duties related the rehabilitation program and support services. The Rehabilitation Assistant has knowledge of body systems as it relates to the disease process and therapeutic exercise. They demonstrate a strong aptitude for medical terms and abbreviations, anatomy and physiology. The Rehabilitation Assistant demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services – Rehabilitation
Starting Date: August 29, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – part-time – term – days, currently 08:00 – 16:15
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement – AMSB / AMSV. As per CUPE Collective Agreement – AMSJ.
Specifications: Term ending February 6, 2022 or subject to 2 weeks’ notice, with possible extension. This position provides services to our multiple sites, 185 Despins and 450 River Road. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: June 29, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Rehabilitation Assistant Certificate,
- Experience in a long term/chronic care facility preferred; and
- Experience with the use of personal computers in a Windows environment.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required (AMSJ excluded);
- Ability to work in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment;
- An understanding of the philosophy of rehabilitation;
- An understanding of bio-chemistry;
- Knowledge of therapeutic exercise;
- Ability to work with tools required to repair, modify, adapt technological equipment;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, body systems;
- Understanding of functional movement as it relates to disease process;
- Ability to instruct on the proper use of rehabilitation equipment for optimal body movement;
- Knowledge of Kinesiology in relation to normal and dysfunctional human movement;
- Knowledge of treatment techniques utilized in the rehabilitation field;
- Knowledge of the physical and psychological impacts of various medical conditions;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Basic computer skills to work with Microsoft Office, Electronic Health Records (EHR), Internet, e-mails and MDS;
- Ability to accept guidance and constructive criticism;
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Actionmarguerite’s Vision, Mission and Values, Resident Bill of Rights, Actionmarguerite’s policies and procedures;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.