Receptionists are responsible for performing various reception functions which include greeting visitors, answering the phone and administering all incoming mail. Receptionists also perform various clerical and data entry functions, some scheduling functions, monitor the roam alert system and fire panel. The Receptionist demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Finance and Human Resources
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.34 FTE – part-time – term – evenings, currently 14:00 – 21:00
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Term ending November 20, 2021, with possible extension. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: May 11, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Grade XII or equivalent;
- Experience in Reception, working with the public and customer service;
- Experience in personal computers and Word processing software;
- Experience in data entry and receiving and directing callers;
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office practices and filing procedures; and
- Experience in Quadrant Workforce and Dynamics Great Plains is an asset.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Ability to handle a busy work environment and meet varied and unexpected demands;
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication;
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality of personal information;
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively;
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to be tactful and courteous;
- Self-directed, innovative;
- Cooperative, flexible, responsive to change and reliable;
- Must be in good physical and mental health;
- Must have good clear voice;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. Program.