The Payroll and HR Associate is responsible for providing core generalist support to various HR functions including processes and systems related to: payroll, employee benefits, ability management, resource vacancies, promotions and transfers. The work routine may also include support for ad hoc human resource projects.
The Payroll and HR Associate reports to the Human Resources Manager and will work closely with other members of the HR team. The incumbent will provide services to all Actionmarguerite sites and applicable contracts.
Service and Assignment: Human Resources
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – full-time – days, currently 08:30 – 16:45
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: October 5, 2021
- Formal education in bookkeeping and payroll accounting such as a Canadian Payroll Association certification or related education and experience in a computerized payroll environment;
- Certificate in Human Resource Management (or working towards completion) and/or an equivalent combination of formal education and related HR experience;
- Two (2) years practical experience with payroll and other HR functions, preferably in a health care setting;
- Demonstrated proficiency working in a computerized payroll and HR environment and with Human Resources Information Systems (knowledge of Quadrant Workforce is an asset);
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Windows environment and with MS Office software;
- Experience working with collective agreements;
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in both official languages (French and English) is required. If you are not French speaking, a commitment to begin to learn French and take courses is required;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and proven ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships at all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders (i.e. benefit providers);
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and respond to competing priorities with initiative and organizational skill;
- Ability to retain information on a strictly confidential basis;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.