The Occupational Therapist is responsible to provide Occupational Therapy assessments, treatments programs and other related functions to all our sites and service contracts. The Occupational Therapist demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services
Starting Date: July 19, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – full-time – term – days, currently 08:00 – 16:15
Pay Scale: As per MAHCP Collective Agreement
Specifications: Term ending August 22, 2022 or subject to 2 weeks’ notice, with possible extension. This position provides services to our multiple sites; 185 Despins and 450 River Road. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: May 18, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Current active registration and licensure with the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba;
- Experience in extended care Rehabilitation and assistive devices; and
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Meets physical and mental health requirements of the position;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, e.g. fax, photocopier, computerized charting, etc.;
- Ability to work as a team member;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.