The Manager, Resident Services provides leadership for the health care team in promoting resident centered care; ensures that adequate human and material resources are available to support the 24-hour delivery of safe, quality resident care; creates an environment that enables Actionmarguerite to fulfill its mission and performance goals; seeks to promote and maintain a positive, professional team oriented and service conscious environment; demonstrates a commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, Goals, and Objectives of Actionmarguerite and performs other related functions.
Service and Assignment: Care and Service
Starting Date: July 5, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.8 FTE – part-time – days, currently 09:00 – 17:00
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Active Registration with the College of Registered Nurse or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba;
- Bachelor of Nursing;
- Certificate in gerontology is an asset;
- 3 years of recent relevant work experience in geriatric or long term care;
- Experience in health care management;
- Recent experience in quality improvement and risk management.
Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead interdisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates interpersonal, critical thinking, conflict resolution and decision-making skills;
- Ability to perform both independently and as a team member;
- Ability to delegate appropriately and supervise performance of staff;
- Ability to prioritize workload and attend to unit operations in a timely manner;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment;
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Ability to function in a computerized environment with working knowledge of computerized charting an asset;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance;
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
Employees may hold more than one position in different Actionmarguerite facilities, where the sum total of hours does not exceed 1.0 full-time equivalence.