The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for performing the required maintenance of the building, equipment and grounds, including assigned preventative maintenance duties on the equipment, completing on going work requisitions and other related functions.The incumbent will provide services to all Actionmarguerite sites and applicable service contracts. The Maintenance Person demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service: Physical Plant and Maintenance
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.80 FTE – part-time – days, currently 07:30 – 15:45
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: October 13, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Grade XII;
- Valid Manitoba or Inter-provincial 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate
- Certification and experience in other related trades would be an asset i.e. electrical, plumbing, painting, refrigeration, carpentry and HVAC;
- One to two years related experience in a health care facility of related setting an asset; and
- Experience and/or education in the use of personal computers.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Must be mechanically inclined, motivated and able to work as an individual with minimal supervision or as a team member;
- Initiative and judgment to organize and maintain flow of work and accuracy of records;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- A valid driver’s license is required;
- Must be in good physical and mental health to perform the assigned duties;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.