The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for operating and maintaining HVAC systems; performing preventive maintenance on all equipment as scheduled and completing ongoing work requisitions and other related functions. The incumbent will provide services to all Actionmarguerite sites and applicable service contracts. The Maintenance Engineer demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service: Physical Plant and Maintenance
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.0 FTE – casual – all shift as needed
Summer season, 7.75 hour shifts – as scheduled from approximately the 1st Sunday of April to 1st Saturday of November.
Winter season, 12 hour shifts – as scheduled from approximately the 1st Sunday of November to 1st Saturday of April.
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: September 14, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Valid Manitoba or Inter-provincial 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate;
- Must have experience at operating and maintaining boilers and related systems; and
- Experience and/or education in the use of personal computers.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Must be mechanically inclined, able to work autonomously, be flexible and capable of adapting to change;
- Must be in good mental and physical health to meet the requirements of the job;
- Initiative and judgment to organize and maintain flow of work and accuracy of records;
- Ability to organize and establish priorities regarding workload;
- Must be punctual, very dependable and safety minded;
- Must be able to perform any other related duties;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- The Power Engineers Acts;
- The ability to work within a team in establishing “best practices” within budgetary constraints; and
- Safe and proper methods of operating/maintaining and repairing structural, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems in a large facility.