The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides professional practical nursing services to designated residents including independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, collaboration and interaction within the health care team and participation in the coordination of resident care and discharge. The LPN demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services
Starting Date: November 20, 2022 or sooner as per operational requirements
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.40 FTE – part-time – term – nights, currently 23:15 – 7:30
Pay Scale: As per MNU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Term ending April 30, 2023 with possible extension. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: September 27, 2022
Education and Experience:
- Current active practicing registration with CLPNM;
- Graduate of approved Licensed Practical Nursing education program;
- Certificate in CPR; and
- Experience in gerontological Nursing.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required, (English only for AMSJ);
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills;
- Demonstrates critical thinking/problem solving skills and decision making skills;
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual resident or a group of residents;
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations;
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment; and
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurses;
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Code of Ethics for Licensed Practical Nurses;
- Scope of practice as documented in the Licensed Practical Nurses Act;
- Nursing care knowledge related to the clinical area;
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team;
- Principles of delegation;
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts;
- Actionmarguerite’s Vision, Mission and Values, Resident Bill of Rights, Actionmarguerite’s policies and procedures;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.