The Instructor is responsible for the delivery of orientation and education of Resident Services and Programs and participates in clinical quality improvement initiatives and audit processes. Instructors develop and prioritize education programming to promote a culture of learning and improvement; to support the delivery of high quality, innovative care that meet and exceed standards of care to support a strong and healthy workforce and to help the organization achieve strategic goals. The Instructor ensures Minimum Data Set (MDS) data quality and reporting requirements are met, including resident assessments as required. The instructor works in collaboration with Infection Control Support Associates and other team members, to ensure standards for Infection Prevention and Control are met and is specifically responsible for Infection Control functions requiring nursing expertise and judgement, e.g., coordinating and delivering resident vaccination programs. The Instructor is also responsible for coordinating priority clinical improvement initiatives, e.g., wound care, dementia care, end of life care. The incumbent provides services to all Actionmarguerite sites and applicable service contracts.
Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (i.e. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies management or supervisor of all occurrences, injuries, illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
Service and Assignment: Care and Service
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.6 FTE – part-time – indefinite term – days, currently 09:00 – 17:15 / 10:00 – 18:15
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Indefinite term ending upon 24 hours’ notice. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: August 22, 2023
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Baccalaureate Degree an asset. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba.
- CPR Family and Friends certification required.
- Certification of Gerontology an asset.
- Certificate in Adult Education an asset.
- Completion of the formal P.I.E.C.E.S education program is an asset.
- Proficient education and knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Regional regulatory agency standards related to Infection Control an asset.
- Ability to communicate, verbal and written, in both official languages (French & English) is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a geriatric long-term care setting.
- Administrative experience an asset.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with planning, implementing and coordinating an Infection Control program an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be mentally and physically healthy to meet the demands of the position. Position involves physical activities such as standing, transferring and transporting residents and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance.
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.