The Human Resources (“HR”) Officer is responsible for supporting the organization within the area of HR including processes and systems related to: resource vacancies, promotions, transfers; the Human Resource Information System; resource information management; employee relations; employee benefits and payroll; HR planning and operations; and special HR projects. The work routine for the person in this role will have an emphasis on the Attendance Support and Assistance Program and recruitment. OR resource information management using the HRIS and recruitment. The incumbent will provide services to all Actionmarguerite sites.
Service and Assignment: Human Resources
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – full-time – days, currently 08:30 – 16:45
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: Open until filled
- University degree in a related field or Certificate in Human Resource Management and/or an equivalent combination of formal education and related personnel management experience, preferably in a health care environment;
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in both official languages (French and English) is required. If you are not French speaking, a commitment to begin to learn French and take courses is required;
- Demonstrated proficiency working in a computerized environment and with Human Resources Information Systems (knowledge of Quadrant Workforce is required);
- Minimum 4 years practical experience and training directly related to human resources functions including labour relations and employee benefit administration;
- Experience working with collective agreements is required;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and proven ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships at all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders (i.e. benefit providers);
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and respond to competing priorities with initiative and organizational skill;
- Ability to retain information on a confidential basis;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.