The Human Resources (“HR”) Manager is responsible for supporting the HR function to ensure efficient and effective execution /operations of processes and systems related to: resource vacancies, promotions, transfers; the Human Resource Information System; resource information management; employee relations; employee benefits and payroll; HR planning and operations; and special HR projects. The HR Manager also oversees the information desk and the day to day operational activities of HR services. The HR Manager will provide guidance and support on various aspects of labour and employee relations, employee engagement, employee development, health and safety programs and associated HR initiatives. They will demonstrate strong skills in problem solving, consulting, coaching and relationship building. They will support the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) in advancing and executing Actionmarguerite’s strategic HR objectives.
Service and Assignment: Human Resources
Starting Date: May 17, 2021 or sooner as per operational requirements
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – full-time – days, currently 08:30 – 16:45
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: April 27, 2021
- University degree in a related field or Certificate in Human Resource Management and/or an equivalent combination of formal education and related personnel management experience, preferably in a health care environment;
- Minimum eight (8) years practical experience and training directly related to human resources functions and employee benefit administration;
- Three (3) years of management experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency working in a computerized environment and with Human Resources Information Systems (knowledge of Quadrant Workforce is an asset);
- Experience working with collective agreements;
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and proven ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with staff and at all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt readily to a changing environment and respond with initiative and ability to prioritize activities;
- Ability to retain information on a confidential basis; and
- Highly motivated natural leader.