The Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed. The HCA demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services
Starting Date: February 25, 2024
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.7FTE – part-time – days – currently 07:15 – 15:30
Pay Scale: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: January 30, 2024
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of approved Health Care Aide training program; and
- Experience in Long Term Care or Chronic Care.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship skills with residents, families and coworkers;
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts;
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.
This position is designated bilingual (French/English). All Health Care Aides are hired for the facility. Employees may hold more than one position in different Actionmarguerite facilities, where the sum total of hours does not exceed 1.0 full-time equivalence.
Our organization takes its mission of service and compassion to the heart of everything we do. All Actionmarguerite team members have the opportunity to create welcoming environments where is life is good for all who come through our doors. Each and every employee is essential in making a positive difference in people’s lives. That’s what you’ll be doing when you join our team. Actionmarguerite is a leading provider of long-term care and exceptional health services focused on supporting adults living with complex health needs, with a unique mandate to serve the Francophone community. Because we offer a wide range of services, we have positions to suit many interests and qualifications.