Under the supervision of the Maintenance Department, the Green Team Youth Worker, while demonstrating a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite, will assist with the beautification and maintenance of the courtyards and location of visitation areas dedicated to residents and families. These duties would include grass cutting, trimming, gardens, flowers, watering, cleaning and general maintenance of the courtyards.
Service and Assignment: Physical Plant and Maintenance
Starting Date: June 21, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.77 FTE – part-time – term, days, currently 07:30 – 14:00
Pay Scale: $11.90 per hour
Specifications: Term ending August 31, 2021. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: June 1, 2021
Green Team Job Criteria:
Eligible employees must:
- Be youth aged 15 to 29, living in Manitoba, legally entitled to work in Canada, have a valid Social Insurance Number, and have a Young Worker Readiness Certificate if 15 years of age.
- Not result in the lay-off, reduction of hours or dismissal of any current employees or replace employees who have previously been laid-off or dismissed.
- Not be funded by other provincial or federal government employment programs for the same employee.
Those not eligible as employees include:
- Immediate relatives (specifically: husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, sister) of a board member, director or executive member of the applicant organization or of any person who is involved in the hiring process or responsible for the supervision of the youth hired through the program
- Individuals already employed by the organization prior to the approved start date (if worked longer than three months on a full-time basis just prior to their start date with Green Team).
- Individuals with a financial interest in the applicant organization.
- Self-employed individuals, independent contractors, sub-contractors or commissioned salespersons.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Student capable of working independently;
- Must be in good physical and mental health;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.