The Director of Care, in compliance with the national accreditation standards, provincial and regional standards of practice for safety, quality, coordination and continuity of long term care, works in collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer & Director of Care to lead clinical and professional staff in implementing the strategic plan and achieving high standards of care and other related functions. The Director demonstrates a commitment to collaboration and teamwork; the Mission, Vision, Values of Actionmarguerite and other related functions.
Service and Assignment: Care and Service
Starting Date: March 13, 2023
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – full time – days, currently 08:00 – 16:15
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: February 14, 2023
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing;
- Masters Degree in Nursing or related discipline desirable;
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba;
- Advanced courses in gerontology and management an asset;
- Three to five years management experience in health care, preferably in long term care and geriatrics;
- Minimum five years clinical practice in a supervisory capacity;
- Experience and/or education in applying evidence based information and the use of electronic health records, Inter RAI-MDS assessment tools.
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to communicate, verbal and written in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Promotes Actionmarguerite’s Mission, Vision, Values and Resident Rights and Responsibilities;
- Effective management of human and material resources;
- Superior leadership, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of budget systems;
- Capable of leading change;
- Ability to use all Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance;
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
Demonstrates knowledge and support of:
- Current trends in geriatric and long term care;
- Principles of health care services administration;
- Collective agreements, Employment Standards and Human Resource policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of the current principles and best practices in geriatric nursing, dementia care and complex continuing care;
- Actionmarguerite’s Vision, Mission and Values, Resident Bill of Right, policies and procedures;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; W.H.M.I.S program.