The Clinical Dietitian is responsible to provide quality services, assesses the residents and clients nutritional status, identifies category of nutrition risk, develops, implements and evaluates care plans. The Clinical Dietitian also provides nutrition in-services on therapeutic related topics, participates in training and research activities in the area of clinical dietetics and performs other related functions. The incumbent provides services to all our sites as assigned. The Clinical Dietitian demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.30 FTE – part-time – days, currently 08:30 – 16:45
Pay Scale: As per MAHCP Collective Agreement
Specifications: This position provides services to our multiple sites; 185 Despins and 450 River Road. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: September 28, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science Degree (Human Nutritional Sciences) from a recognized college or university or approved equivalent.
- Completion of Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship;
- Able to qualify for membership with Dietitians of Canada;
- Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Manitoba;
- Maintains continuing education standards as specified by the College of Dietitians of Manitoba;
- Experience as a Clinical Dietitian in a health care facility, preferably in a long term care setting;
- Experience and / or interest in gerontology an asset; and
- Experience working with dietary software and computerized charting software.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required (English only AMSJ);
- Initiative and judgement to organize and maintain flow of work;
- Demonstrates leadership, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently, interdependently and collaboratively with others;
- Ability to use research to improve practice;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and multidisciplinary team members;
- Must be in good physical and mental health;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Actionmarguerite’s Vision, Mission and Values, Resident Bill of Rights and Code of conduct, policies and procedures;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.