The Cleaner is responsible for maintenance of floors throughout the centre by operating floor cleaning equipment and performing a variety of environmental activities, according to standards, to ensure a clean and safe environment, and other related functions.
Service: Housekeeping and Laundry Services
Starting Date: October 24, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.000 FTE – full-time – term – days, currently 08:00 – 16:15
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Term ending June 25, 2022 or subject to 2 weeks’ notice. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: September 21, 2021
Education and Experience:
- A minimum Grade X;
- Directly related experience in a long term / chronic care facility is an asset; and
- Previous housekeeping experience’s an asset.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship and communication skills with residents’ families, and co-workers;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Flexible and capable of adapting to change;
- Ability to organize and establish priorities regarding workload;
- Mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job;
- Safety footwear is required;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.