The Uncertified Recreation Worker for the C19 Visitation Program is a champion for making the resident experience the best it can be while we manage through the C19 pandemic. This position is responsible for coordinating and scheduling visits, supervising and portering residents, conducting screening activities, assisting with some personal care and resident activities, as well as maintenance of the visitation environment. Emphasis is on maintaining/improving the social, mental emotional and physical functioning of residents through the visitation program.
Service: Care and Service
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.70 FTE – part-time – term – days, currently 11:30 – 19:45
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Term ending September 30, 2022 or subject to 2 weeks’ notice, with possible extension. Single Site Staffing Model applies. C19 Visitation Program positions provide service to all Actionmarguerite sites; Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: October 19, 2021
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Past experience in facilitating recreation activities is an asset;
- Experience in long term care and/or with disabled individuals is an asset.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English – AMSJ excluded) is required;
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the jobs;
- Strong computer competency using Microsoft programs (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel) is required;
- The COVID-19 pandemic environment in Long Term Care is ever changing and requires individuals who can demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and positive attitude in serving our residents;
- Proactive and logical thinker for scheduling visits and activities in the current environment;
- Ability to deliver programming independently or as a team member;
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to have meaningful engagement with older adults;
- Ability to perform various physical tasks within the work environment as assigned(e.g. cleaning duties, rearranging tables and chairs, etc.);
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.