The Administrative Assistant supports the Supportive Housing Program and is responsible for performing various administrative tasks, service delivery coordination and operational support functions. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Supervisor, Supportive Housing and will work closely with other Supportive Housing staff, tenants and families.
Service and Assignment: Community Programs
Starting Date: June 7, 2021 or sooner
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.60 FTE – part-time – days, currently 08:00 – 16:15. Requires some flexibility in shift hours.
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: June 1, 2021
- Grade XII or equivalent;
- Completion of a recognized Business administration, secretarial and/or community college program and/or equivalent work experience;
- Completion of relevant computer courses;
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position or setting;
- Competency with Microsoft office environment, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Experience with health records an asset;
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Proven ability to effectively plan, organize work and to function with a significant degree of independence on a number of tasks;
- Ability to focus on details, manage multiple and concurrent activities and re-establish priorities as necessary;
- Strong internal relationship management and teamwork;
- Ability to proactively and energetically engage with younger and older people from a variety of professional, social and cultural backgrounds;
- Must be able to retain information on a confidential basis;
- Mental and physical health to meet the demands of the position;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.