The Accounting Clerk assists in the co-ordination and maintenance of the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers (accounts payable/receivables); maintenance of inventory databases, preparation of various financial analysis, monthly preparation of timely and accurate journal entries and financial statements and other related clerical and accounting functions. Participates in the development and review of financial policies and procedures and administers same.
Starting Date: December 13, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.00 FTE – full-time – days, currently 08:00 – 16:15.
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: November 23, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Completion of an accounting certificate or program and/or an equivalent combination of formal education and related experience.
- Minimum two years public sector accounting and experience including accounts payable/receivable functions, preferably in a health environment;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Excel and Dynamics Great Plains and Report Designer software;
- Experience working with the public; and
- Must have initiative and judgment to organize, prioritize workload, and maintain flow of work.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship and communication skills with residents, families and co-workers;
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, investigate and analyze problems;
- Must have initiative and judgment to organize, prioritize workload and maintain flow of work;
- Demonstrates responsibility for and accurately handles the details associated with one’s work; is conscientious about accuracy;
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and respond with initiative;
- Must be in good physical and mental health;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
This position is designated bilingual. All staff are hired for the facility. Employees may hold more than one position in different Actionmarguerite facilities, where the sum total of hours does not exceed 1.0 full-time equivalence.