Dear Actionmarguerite Residents and Families,
Today, we are writing to share the end of the COVID-19 outbreak in the Unité Marguerite at Actionmarguerite St. Vital. We glad to be able to resume general visits to Unité Marguerite at this time.
Over the Easter weekend, we wrote to Actionmarguerite St. Boniface families announcing a new outbreak on 3ABC. General visits have been suspended for this unit for the duration of the outbreak. In this update, our team at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface is saddened to announce the death of a resident related to an outbreak. We’ve extended our condolences to the family and wish them strength, courage, and peace as they grieve the loss of their loved one.
Outbreak Status Update
Actionmarguerite St. Boniface
- Current outbreaks on 3ABC (new), 4AB and 4C.
- One (1) death has been linked to the outbreaks.
- Twenty-eight (28) residents have been deemed recovered.
- Four (4) additional residents have tested positive for a total of sixteen (16) active cases.
- General visits are suspended on these outbreak units.
- Designated family caregivers (essential visitors) are welcome to visit at their own risk and are asked to wear the personal protective equipment provided during the entirety of their visit.
Actionmarguerite St. Vital
- No current outbreak
Actionmarguerite St. Joseph
- No current outbreak
We recognize that the Easter weekend represents a special time for family gatherings. We ask that you remain vigilant as we are expecting to see an increase in COVID-19 cases following the Easter weekend. You can contribute to preventing the spread by:
- Not visiting Actionmarguerite if you are sick.
- Letting us know if you test positive for COVID-19 and have visited recently so that we can determine the risk to residents and staff.
- Wearing the personal protective equipment provided at all times during your visit.
- Washing your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Wearing a mask while out in public.
Thank you for your enduring cooperation and patience as our care teams endeavour to respond to the presence of COVID-19 with a commitment to excellence and compassionate care.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Executive Officer and the entire Actionmarguerite team