We became aware this afternoon of an agency health-care worker at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface, 185 Despins St. who has tested positive for COVID-19. Their last day worked was September 10th 2020. The person had worked on our Special Needs Behavioural Unit (5C). This unit is a secure unit of 9 residents. Out of extreme precaution, an outbreak on 5ABC has been declared (RED ZONE) and complete outbreak protocols are in place until further notice.
At this time, no residents or other employees are exhibiting symptoms. If symptoms present, we will test residents for COVID-19. If your family member is tested at any time, you will be contacted directly. We continue to actively screen employees to see if testing is required.
Out of extreme precaution and to stop the spread of the virus, the following measures have been implemented:
- Residents are being restricted to their own units throughout the building. Employee movement between units continues to be minimized as much as possible.
- Essential Visits have been suspended for the entire building to allow for contact tracing and a risk assessment to be completed.
- Indoor and outdoor visits have been suspended. Virtual or window visits may continue.
- We have suspended admissions to the facility until further notice.
- Active staff screening will continue at the start of each shift to determine if testing is required.
- We continue with enhanced cleaning including high touch surfaces like common area handrails, door handles, light switches, table tops, employee conference rooms and washrooms.
We appreciate this is incredibly unsettling news for our residents and their loved ones. Please be assured that we have moved quickly to enact precautions that will prevent any further spread of illness. The health of our residents and employees is our top priority.
Our priority at this time is the care of our residents. If you have questions specific to your loved one’s health condition, please contact the nursing staff on the unit. Otherwise, please call or email me if you have any questions or concerns. You can reach me at 204-233-3692, ext. 500 or at email@example.com
If you recently visited the facility and have questions or concerns about your own health, please contact Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257.
Charles Gagné, Chief Executive Officer