To Residents, Staff and Families of Actionmarguerite St-Vital
We became aware this afternoon of a health-care worker at Actionmarguerite St-Vital, 450 River Road has tested positive for COVID-19. The last day work was March 30th 2020. Note that the health-care worker was not a direct care provider to residents.
To help stop the potential spread of the illness, the following measures have immediately been implemented:
- Residents are asked to remain in their rooms and to isolate themselves, to the extent possible. They continue receiving care by staff dedicated to their needs.
- We are continuing to enforce social distancing during meals, infection control and all recreation activities are completely suspended.
- Visitor restrictions will remain in place.
- We have suspended admissions to the facility.
- All staff who are in contact with residents will be wearing protective equipment to further prevent any potential transmission between staff members and residents.
We are monitoring all residents exhibiting minor respiratory or any related symptoms and we are testing these residents for the cause of their illness. We will also test them for COVID-19.
We will be contacting family members directly of the residents being tested. If residents do not display any symptoms, we will monitor them regularly to ensure early signs of any change in condition.
This is incredibly unsettling news for the residents and their loved ones as well as for staff. Please be assured that we have moved quickly to enact all the precautions that will prevent any further spread of illness. We are in consultation with Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety as well as the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Long Term Care Plan.
The care of our residents’ health is our top priority. Our Medical Director and attending physicians are also informed and will assist in monitoring all symptoms
We understand your concern for your loved one. Our priority will continue to be the care of the residents and the protection of the staff.
On Friday, April 3rd, 2020, I will sending further communication to families as we conduct a detailed tracing of the residents and staff that may have been most in contact with the employee. We will also be contacting families as well as provide you with contact information in order to answer questions and concerns.
Charles Gagné, CEO