The Supportive Housing (SH) Companion is a multi functional worker who provides support and supervision to individuals in Supportive Housing, promoting independence, dignity and self-esteem within a safe and secure environment. The SH Companion supports residents through cueing, reminders and assistance with a variety of everyday tasks. The SH Companion encourages and supports social and leisure activities helping to keep tenants active, happy and engaged.
Service: Supportive Housing Program
Starting Date: February 14, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.70 FTE – part-time – evenings, currently 15:15 – 23:30
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: January 19, 2021
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred;
- Food Handling Certificate is required;
- WHIMIS training an asset; and
- Life and work experience in working with older adults preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Ability to work independently and safely with minimal supervision;
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change on a day to day basis;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and Safe work practices.