8The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible to provide professional registered nursing services for residents, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the health care team, and facilitating coordination of resident care and discharge. The RN demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services
Starting Date: March 31, 2019
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.40 FTE – part-time – term – evenings, currently 15:15 – 23:30
Pay Scale: As per MNU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Term ending February 29, 2020 or upon 2 weeks’ notice, with possible extension. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: January 29, 2019
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of approve Registered Nursing education program;
- Current active practising registration with CRNM;
- Canadian Nursing Association Certification in Gerontological Nursing an asset;
- Certificate in CPR; and
- Experience in Gerontological Nursing.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills;
- Demonstrates critical thinking/problem solving skills and decision making skills;
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual resident or a group of residents;
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations;
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses;
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses Act;
- Scope of practice as documented in the Registered Nurses Act;
- Nursing care knowledge related to the clinical area;
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team;
- Principles of delegation; and
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.