The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible to provide professional registered nursing services for residents, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the health care team, and facilitating coordination of resident care and discharge. The RN demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services – PCH
Starting Date: May 13, 2018
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.40 FTE – part-time – evenings, currently 15:15 – 23:30
Pay Scale: As per MNU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: March 20, 2018
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of approve Registered Nursing education program;
- Current active practising registration with CRNM;
- Canadian Nursing Association Certification in Gerontological Nursing an asset;
- Certificate in CPR; and
- Experience in Gerontological Nursing.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills;
- Demonstrates critical thinking/problem solving skills and decision making skills;
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual resident or a group of residents;
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations;
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment; and
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses;
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses Act;
- Scope of practice as documented in the Registered Nurses Act;
- Nursing care knowledge related to the clinical area;
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Principles of Routine;
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team;
- Principles of delegation;
- Practices and other legislated acts.