The Recreation Worker is responsible to plan and implement activity programs designed to optimize the social, mental, emotional and physical functions of residents, utilizing the facility and community resources. He shall assess residents and actively contribute at team conferences and promotes the quality of life of residents and performs other related functions. The Recreation Worker demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service: Care and Service
Starting Date: March 4, 2018
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – full-time – days & evenings, currently 08:15 – 16:30 and 12:15 – 20:30
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Recreation or completion of the Recreation Facilitator for Older Adults Certificate or equivalent;
- Valid Food Handling Certificate;
- Related experience in long term care and/or with disabled individuals; and
- Experience with the use of personal computers in a Windows environment.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the jobs;
- Ability to plan, organize and to work independently or as a team member;
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory employment record, including attendance.
- Workplace Health and Safety and work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S program.