The Manager, Resident Services provides leadership for the health care team in promoting resident centered care; ensures that adequate human and material resources are available to support the 24-hour delivery of safe, quality resident care; creates an environment that enables Actionmarguerite to fulfill its mission and performance goals; seeks to promote and maintain a positive, professional team oriented and service conscious environment; demonstrates a commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, Goals, and Objectives of Actionmarguerite and performs other related functions.
Service and Assignment: Care and Service
Starting Date: January 6, 2020
Shift and Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE – full-time, days and evenings
Pay Scale: As per established salary scale
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Active Registration with the College of Registered Nurse or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba;
- Bachelor of Nursing;
- Certificate in gerontology is an asset;
- 3 years of recent relevant work experience in geriatric or long term care;
- Experience in health care management;
- Recent experience in quality improvement and risk management.
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to communicate, verbal and written in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Demonstrated ability to lead interdisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates interpersonal, critical thinking, conflict resolution and decision-making skills;
- Ability to perform both independently and as a team member;
- Ability to delegate appropriately and supervise performance of staff;
- Ability to prioritize workload and attend to unit operations in a timely manner;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment;
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Ability to function in a computerized environment with working knowledge of computerized charting an asset;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance;
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.