The Maintenance Worker – 5th Class Engineer is responsible for performing the required maintenance of the building, equipment and grounds, including assigned preventative maintenance duties on the equipment, completing ongoing work requisitions and other related functions. The Maintenance Worker demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service: Support Services
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.50 FTE – part-time – days, currently 07:30 – 15:30
Pay Scale: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: July 3, 2018
- Grade XII.
- Valid Manitoba or Inter-provincial 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate; and
- Certification and experience in other related trades would be an asset, i.e. electrical, plumbing, painting, refrigeration, carpentry and HVAC.
- One to two years related experience in a health care facility of related setting, an asset; and
- Experience and/or education in the use of personal computers.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must be mechanically inclined, motivated and able to work as an individual with minimal supervision or as a team member;
- Initiative and judgement to organize and maintain flow of work and accuracy of records;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- A valid driver’s licence is required;
- Must be in good physical and mental health to perform the assigned duties;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Manitoba Health Standards;
- Actionmarguerite’s Vision, Mission and Values, Resident Bill of Rights, Actionmarguerite’s policies and procedures;
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.
All staff are hired for the facility.