The Laundry Room Aide is responsible for the sorting, folding and distribution of residents’ personal clothes and linen and carrying out the work procedures according to the Laundry standards and applicable work routine, and performs other related functions.
Service: Housekeeping and Laundry Services
Starting Date: May 09, 2021
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.520 FTE – part-time – days, currently 06:45 – 15:00 & 08:00 – 15:00
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: March 30, 2021
Education and Experience:
- Grade X; and
- Directly related experience in a long term / chronic care facility an asset.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship and communication skills with residents’ families, and co-workers;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Flexible and capable of adapting to change;
- Mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job;
- Ability to organize and establish priorities regarding workload;
- Safety footwear is required;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.