The Housekeeping Attendant is responsible for the delivery of Housekeeping Services where applicable, by performing a variety of environmental activities, according to standards, to ensure a clean and safe environment and supports resident focused care and other related functions. The Housekeeping Attendant demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Housekeeping and Laundry Services – Main Floor
Starting Date: October 13, 2019
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.47 FTE – part-time – indefinite term – days, currently 13:00 – 18:45
Pay Scale: Indefinite term ending upon 24 hours’ notice. As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: September 3, 2018
Education and Experience:
- Grade X; and
- Directly related experience in a long term / chronic care facility an asset.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship and communication skills with residents’ families, and co-workers;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Flexible and capable of adapting to change;
- Mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job;
- Ability to organize and establish priorities regarding workload;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.