The Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed. The HCA demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services – HCA Relief Float
Starting Date: November 22, 2020 or sooner as per operational requirements
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.70 FTE – part-time – nights, currently 23:15 – 07:30. The rotation will be non-recurring therefore may be different for each 6 week posted schedule.
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: As per C-19 Resource Strategy tied to .4 vacancies. Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: October 6, 2020
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of approved Health Care Aide training program; and
- Experience in Long Term Care or Chronic Care.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship skills with residents, families and coworkers;
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary;
- Ability to demonstrate a satisfactory employment record, including attendance; and
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry check deemed satisfactory by the Employer.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts;
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Workplace Health and Safety and safe work practices; and
- W.H.M.I.S. program.