The Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed. The HCA demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Actionmarguerite.
Service and Assignment: Care and Services – 3ABC
Starting Date: May 13, 2018
Shift and Hours of Work: 0.40 FTE – part-time – days, currently 07:15 – 15:30
Pay Scale: As per MGEU Collective Agreement
Specifications: Assignment and hours of work are subject to change at any time as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: March 20, 2018
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of approved Health Care Aide training program; and
- Experience in Long Term Care or Chronic Care.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (French and English) is required;
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship skills with residents, families and coworkers;
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload;
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary; and
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory employment record, including attendance.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act and Principles of Routine; and
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.